1. Preheat oven to 190°c gas mark 5 or 375°f. In an ovenproof dish toss the shallots in the rapeseed oil, to coat and season well with sea salt and black pepper.
2. Put dish into the oven and roast until the shallots are golden brown and tender for approximately for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Whilst the shallots are in the oven, trim the Brussels sprouts of any discoloured outer leaves and cook in boiling salted water for 7-10 minutes or until just soft, drain and plunge into cold water. Remove the Brussels sprouts from the cold water immediately and set aside.
4. Then heat a frying pan on a gentle heat and melt the butter and add the Brussels sprouts.
5. Cook the Brussels sprouts gently, stirring occasionally until they are hot, ensure not to brown them.
6. Take the dish from the oven and add the roasted shallots, pomegranate and toasted hazelnuts into the frying pan and cook for a further 1 minute, season well and serve immediately!