1. Peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Cut into bite sized chunks about 1cm squares. Cut the peppers into the same sized pieces as the cucumber. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
2. Cut the shallots in half-length ways, remove the ‘leaves’ of the shallot, then cut into bite sized pieces of about 1 cm squares.
3. Cut the bread in to bite sized pieces, place on an oven tray with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper then bake at 200c for 5-7 minutes or until just toasted then remove.
3. Slice the peeled garlic very, very thinly, place into a bowl and add the vinegar and oil.
4. Place all of the ingredients in to a mixing bowl and mix together well. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Add some finely shredded basil. Then place in to a serving dish.
Recipe devised by Chef Paul Collins