1. Peel and dice the shallots into a medium size dice.
2. Place a large pan of salted water on the stove for the pasta and bring to the boil.
3. Sauté the shallots in the olive oil and, when almost cooked through, add the wild mushrooms. Allow to cook for 1 minute and then season with salt and pepper. Add the Madeira and allow it to reduce. To this mushroom mix, now add the chopped tarragon and butter. This should form a sauce that will coat the pasta.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add directly to the pan with the shallots and mushrooms.
5. Serve in bowls and grate over some fresh parmesan.
Recipe devised by Chef Paul Collins