1. Preheat oven to 190°c gas mark 5 or 375°f
2. Put the shallots into a roasting tin, drizzle with the 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil, toss well and season with sea salt and black pepper.
3. Place roasting tin in the oven for 15 minutes, then add the beetroot and drizzle with honey and toss well with the shallots. Roast for a further 10 minutes, or until the shallots are soft.
4. Meanwhile, drain the lentils and rinse under water and place in a bowl.
5. To make the dressing, mix all of the dressing ingredients together and season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. When ready remove the shallots and beetroot from the oven and mix with the lentils and half the dressing while still warm and leave to cool.
7. To serve, place the spinach leaves onto 4 plates, top with the shallots, beetroot and lentils, crumble over the goat’s cheese, drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Then serve with crusty bread.