1. Preheat oven to 200°c gas mark 6 400°f
2. Place the shallots in roasting tin and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the rapeseed oil season well. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Then add the aubergine to the shallots and drizzle with 2 tbsp of oil and return to the oven stirring occasionally and roast for a further 15 minutes or until the aubergine and shallots are tender.
4. Meanwhile prepare the Bulgur wheat, place it with and raisins in a saucepan, add the water, cumin, coriander, and ginger season with sea salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook very gently for 10 minutes or until the water has absorbed.
5. Remove from the heat and place in a mixing bowl, cool slightly and add all of the remaining ingredients. Take the shallot and aubergine out of the oven and add when cooled slightly to the salad.
6. For the dressing place all the ingredients except for the oil in to a food processor and blitz to form a smooth puree, then add the oil slowly to the puree till blended
7. Serve with the salad.