1. Preheat the oven to 200C / 400 F / Gas Mark 6.
2. Place the shallots in a roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and season well with sea salt and black pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until softened and starting to brown.
3. Cut the beetroot into wedges and add to the roasting tin. Return to the oven for a further 10 - 15 minutes, until the vegetables are golden and caramelised.
4. Halve the goats cheeses and place cut side up under the grill. Grill for 2 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
5. Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Arrange the salad leaves on 4 plates and scatter over the warm roasted vegetables. Drizzle with the dressing and top with the grilled goats cheese.